This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Waiting Room Friends


Earlier today, Scarlett's grandpa (the one with ALS), aunt Dawn and uncle Mark came to wait with me, Todd and my sister in the PCTICU waiting room.  It was an unexpected surprise. They stayed with us until the surgical team came and brought Scarlett up to her room. I was particularly honored because Scarlett's grandpa (Todd's dad) is not very mobile being in the final stages of ALS.


Scarlett is doing very well considering the difficult surgery she has endured today. She has 3 chest draining tubes, is on the ventilator, and is still pretty sedated, but she's doing well. I feel very relieved and lucky. They said that tomorrow they will test her to see if perhaps she can come off the ventilator and then maybe start bottle feeds shortly thereafter.  All in all, we've both had exhausting days, but obviously Scarlett's was considerably more drastic. Ours was emotionally draining and hers was physically draining.

I can't thank everyone enough for your countless prayers, good thoughts and well wishes. The power of prayer is an incredible thing. God bless us...everyone. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that she is doing well. Waiting for surgery to be over is exhausting, I hope you can get some rest tonight.

    I am praying that Scarlet continues to do well and recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO relieved all went well! I thougth about her and you ALL day today. I know she's not mine but I can't help but worry about her! She's a sweetie and I pray for a quick, uncomplicated, uneventful speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete