This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tentative New Surgery Date - Oct.12

After Juanita called me at 7:15am yesterday to say that Scarlett's surgery was being postponed again she said she'd talk to Dr. Cleveland and see if he can reschedule for Monday, October 12. She called me back around 10am and said yes, it's rescheduled for Monday same time. Surgery at 7:30, check-in at 5am, and pre-op testing on Friday at 9am.

I asked my boss for the day off on Friday so I can take her to the pre-op tests and then just stay home the rest of the day instead of having to drive all the way from St. Joes' back home (in Laveen), then back to work (in Downtown Phx).  But I didn't fill out any absence forms/leave slips yet *just in case* they reschedule it AGAIN!

So get this: yesterday afternoon around 2pm, I was in my "nursing mother's breakroom" also called a family bathroom doing my business [pumping milk for Scarlett] when Juanita called me again. She said "I just wanted to let you know that date isn't set in stone and I have to talk to Dr. Cleveland about something and depending on what he says, that date could change, so I didn't want you to get attached to that date"... and I assured her that I wasn't attached to that date and that I am at their mercy as far as a surgery date goes.

I am not nearly as upset about the date swappings as I was last week. Probably because Scarlett is doing so incredibly awesome. Her oxygen sats are in the mid 70s and everyday she's that much closer to crawling (on all fours). I guess on the upside, I am thankful that she's doing well enough that we have wiggle room to be able to bump her. 

But at the same time... I feel like the proverbial rabbit chasing the carrot dangling from a stick. .Can't.... quite... catch.... it.. (Everytime we get close... the date moves!)

No comments:

Post a Comment