This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Surgery Done!!



I was in her room taking 'before' pictures, when her nurse (Tiffany) came in to say: "I need to kick u out, they're bringing her up". and I was like wooooo hoooooo! That was around 2:40ish. So it's over! Total surgery time was pretty much exactly 7 hours.


I immediately turned heartmom-paparazzi and waited outside the PCTICU doors with my camera(s) to catch a glimpse of her as they wheeled her back to her room since I know they'll make me wait 30-40 minutes before I'm able to go back to see her. So when they came outta the patient elevators, we were waiting to see her and we saw her for brief  3-5 seconds Yay! Here is the pic I took:


We're still waiting to go back. But I am so thankful it is over and she did well. Dr. Cleveland said she is still 'very sick', but that she did tolerably well. I am very happy either way. Thank you everyone again for all your prayers. : )

3 comments:

  1. Melodie, with tears in eyes I thank God for you and Scarlett! A big sigh of relief. I pray she has an uneventful recovery and she is soon back home with you. Hugs again. Although I am not there with you physically know I am there with you in heart and mind. Will look for continued updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!! Shorter surgery, this is a good sign. I just pray she continues and is comfortable. Like I said before, she has a lot of Angel Heart Babies pulling for her too. I pray for you all to be strong too. Please keep updating.
    Love to you all,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that little Scarlett is doing good :) keeping her in my prayers...
    luv,manda

    ReplyDelete