This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Scorpion!

Last night I ran to the store to pick up some milk, and when I returned, the minute I opened the garage door, I noticed a lizard-type creature up high on the wall inside the garage close to the door that leads to the backyard. What was it? Lizard? Gecco? Praying Mantis maybe??? No... it was a brown SCORPION!! Big enough for me to see from my driveway inside my car before I even pulled into the garage!

So, now on top of worrying about my daughter's heart condition, I get to worry about my children being bitten my a deadly scorpion. I know these are the trials and tribulations of living in Arizona, but I guess I always thought that scorpions didn't live in "my house", they were in ~other people's~ houses. I've lived in Phoenix practically my entire life and I've never seen a scorpion inside my house. and believe me... I've seen my share of bugs.

Silverfish, cockroaches (both kinds German/sewer), black widows, earwigs, Palo Verde beetles, even mice I've seen. Scorpions?  No, this was a first for me... to see one 'in the wild', but only if 'the'wild' means my garage. I was terrified. I still have the eebie geebies. So if you're reading this, please add to your prayer chain that Scarlett doesn't get bitten by a scorpion. Thank God it was outside, but that doesn't give me much respite. : (  God, please keep scorpions away from my babies and protect them from harm. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment