This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hang In There, Baby!



Every time my mom calls me to ask how Scarlett is doing I say: "She's hanging in there...", and my mom always tells me she thinks of this retro-poster from the 1970s. So I wanted to post this picture for her.

Scarlett is still doing pretty good. Her numbers are great. She's peeing really good, and they already took one chest draining tube out! Only two more to go.... They also removed her bandages on her incision site to let it dry out with room air. Nurse Becky said they always remove the surgical dressing after 48 hours.  Her scar doesn't look too bad at this point. Hopefully it will be very faint like her first scar from her first surgery.

Will post again when/if the breathing tube comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment