This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Surgery Hour 6.5

We didn't get an update from the nurse, so I went to ask. They said the operating room had just called and said that she's off the heart/lung bypass machine. That's a good sign, but I don't know if Dr. Cleveland was able to do the full repair or not. I asked if the nurse who spoke with the OR nurse, but she said the OR nurse didn't specify. So.... either Dr. C is completing the full repair, or Dr. C is not doing the full repair and is just implanting a bigger shunt. I don't know yet.

Okay ... since writing the above I received GREAT NEWS! Dr. C was able to do the full repair! Woo Hoo!. They implanted the homograft, they patched the hole, and now they're just monitoring her for leaks, bleeding, etc.  YAY BABY GIRL!!  She might be up here in an hour!  yippee.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR PRAYERS!! THEY WORKED!! : )

2 comments:

  1. That is Wonderful News!! Still thinking of you all!!
    melissa
    Maccoy's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching your blog all day. She is beautiful. Glad all went well.

    ReplyDelete