This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Monday, October 12, 2009

In Surgery Hour 1


This pic was taken minutes before we handed Scarlett to the surgery nurse after 2 hours of waiting in the pediatric pre-op area. It was pretty rough, but luckily my sister came to be with me (and Todd) when I started to fall to pieces as we walked away from the cardiac surgical wing.

It's been about an hour since her surgery started. We were told about a half hour ago that they had put her under and were getting her IV lines in.  I will post more when I know more. Thank you for praying for my darling little Scarlett during her 7-10 hour operation. Your prayers are appreciated! :)


3 comments:

  1. Hi Melodie,

    I've been thinking of you and Scarlett since last night. I woke up at 5am and thought of you again. Please know that your family, Scarlett and Dr. Cleveland are in my thoughts and prayers. I will pray very hard for Scarlett to come out of surgery like you said better than when she went in. I pray for comfort for you during this long and emotional day. BIG HUG TO YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all today... Please keep us updated!
    Melissa
    Maccoy's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. our prayers are forever with you and Scarlett, good to hear she is doing very good, she looks good even with all those tubs, Gods arms are around both of you, feel them his is there.
    love you, Hang in there MOM.

    ReplyDelete