This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Up All Night

Todd & I are surviving off of 3 or 4 hours of sleep (not in a row, either). Scarlett was up the entire night crying, fussing, screaming, whimpering and just plain suffering in some shape or form. Then just when you think she's settled down for a little nap, she starts all over again. : (
We're afraid to feed her because she barfed again last night around 8:00pm. I waited three hours and gave her 1 ounce of Pedialyte. Then an hour later, another ounce of Pedialyte, and an hour later another ounce. She finally fell asleep 'for the night' at 2:30am (therefore I was up that entire time), and she woke up at 5:00am. I have her another ounce of Pedialyte (all through the tube), and she cried herself to sleep again.

Then I had the alarm clock set tor 6:30am to get up for the doctor's appointment at 8am. She was peacefully sleeping and I had to wake her up when I got up  (she was sleeping right next to me, that's the only way she would fall asleep at 5 this morning.)

So, now she's up again and screaming her head off and very unhappy. : (  She did have a slight fever last night 100.2, but the hospital said they don't consider it a fever until it's 101.  I really hope the doctor's can figure out what's going on with her today. Well, I mean it doesn't take a genius to figure out she's starving, but since she keeps barfing, we can't really feed her.  So I hope they can figure out why she keeps barfing. : (

2 comments:

  1. I hope they can figure it out today. She is probably exhausted too. Hopefully when she decides to get a few hours, you will be able to sleep too.

    I will pray they can figure out what's wrong and that you can all get some much needed sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that Scarlett is just not feeling well at all. I really hope you are able to get some answers and allow her to find some comfort from whatever is causing this. I will pray they can find the cause and bring both of you some relief. Poor lil princess, she has been through enough! Please let us know what they say, I will stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete