This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

New IV Line

I woke up at 8:00am to nurse Tiffany and nurse Scott putting a new peripheral IV (IV in the vein) line in Scarlett's right wrist. Tiffany said they'll probably remove both art lines (IV in the artery) today. She gave her some ibuprofen orally, and Scarlett immediately barfed it up along with a lot of mucusy spit up. Tiffany suctioned her, then washed her off and changed her sheets. They took off her right arm restraint and also removed her cebreral oximeter. Little by little she's looking more and more like a regular baby free of tubes and wires. :)

For now, Scarlett's just kickin' back watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney channel.

Oooo, it's time for rounds, I need to go eavesdrop...

1 comment:

  1. Tread softly while listening to rounds, I got yelled at by one of the nurses once, yes, yelled at, and yes, it was reported, but still, shes like, you need to go back into the room, the doctors will answer your questions when they are done. So needless to say, I never listened to much after that, I felt like I had been a bad child and got caught with my hand in the cookie jar. I know its all about the HIPPA laws, but in all honesty, if it isn't about my daughter, I don't need to know anothers babies defects, we have enough to deal with and understand...

    On the up and up though, I am thrilled Scarlett is doing so well, not that she barfed the meds, but hey she did puke mucus out, so there is a positive to it. Have you been able to snuggle in bed with her yet? I remember as soon as Lily was line free enough, I asked to be able to lay in bed with her. Even though I couldn't hold her yet, it was the next best thing.

    Sending our heart hugs, loves and as always prayers.

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete