This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fresh And Clean

Nurse Jessica wanted to change out all of Scarlett's linens tonight. She took all the old sheets off, then I helped her and nurse Larry put a new sheet on with new blankets (while nurse Jessica held Scarlett). Everything is now fresh and clean.




Right after we changed the sheets, Scarlett ate another 1 ounce bottle (by mouth). In the words of Todd she 'made short-order of it'. Meaning, she drank it in less than a minute. Then, she just sat there in her new sheets/blankets playing with her toys. Her new brontosaurus, her new puppy, and a few other toys that mommy brought from home. Oh... and since nurse Jessica had angled her bed to feed her, Scarlett was in a perfect position to WATCH TV... her favorite past time. She just stared and stared as happy and content as could be (of course... now that she sees something other than the ceiling to stare at, she's very happy to have tv again).




I feel asleep around 10pm, and she was still awake playing with her toys. I felt really guilty dosing off when she was still up, but I knew she wouldn't be up for much longer.  Well..... when I woke up at midnight to pump, nurse Jessica told me that while she was up playing, she kicked out her foot IV!  Nurse Tiffany had already removed her left foot IV, thereby leaving only her right foot IV, and now that one's gone too (bad baby). The good news is, since they're trying to wean her off her IV medications, it might not be that big a deal, but it's likely that she'll need a new IV line tomorrow.


Jessica just suctioned her again, and I'm getting ready to feed her another 40cc bottle. She's doing sooooo much better today.  I couldn't be more happier. : )


Here is a pic of her with nurse Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment