This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009


We *finally* left the hospital 2 hours after my last post....drama with the prescriptions, insurance company, pharmacy...waiting, waiting, waiting...questions about feeds on feeding tube...questions about her oxygen tank..But finally at a quarter to 3, we finally loaded the Jeep and headed home.  Well, not really, we headed straight for the pharmacy, and waited for her prescriptions to be filled first... then headed home.

I almost didn't recognize my house. I've been gone for 10 days, seems like forever.  Scarlett is adjusting to being home. She's tethered to the oxygen tank... which is a major drag, so we can only take her in the living room where the "big" tank is, or our bedroom where the portable tank is.

I'll post more pics tomorrow, but I am so happy she is home again. We have a follow up appointment with Beth (her cardiologist) on Tuesday. I get to spend the next week at home with her. I return to work on November 2.

Thank you so much to everyone for your countless prayers before, during and after her surgery. :) 


  1. Very happy to hear you guys are home!! As always ur in my thoughts!!! Way to go Scarlett!!! =)

  2. I can't believe she is home already! That is awesome! I'm sorry I never made it there to bring you guys were too quick! I'm so glad you are home and we will keep Scarlett in our prayers.

  3. HOW FABULOUS AND PERFECT!!! I keep catching myself literally squealing with delight at the thought of Scarlett being back HOME!!! Wait 'til you see her progress NOW that she's back in her own environment again! You must ALL be just wiped out with relief and gratitude that everything went so smoothly in retrospect. What a HUGE blessing! I couldn't be more thrilled for you and your entire family! Melodie, YOU were nothing short of AMAZING through the entire ordeal!!