This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

New Tooth!


I found this picture on Facebook on one of the silly quizes. I thought it was kind of cool, so I borrowed it.

Yesterday Scarlett was being super duper extra fussy. Only wanting to be held, crying when we put her down, etc.  Then I put my finger in her mouth to let her bite it and I felt a NEW TOOTH! on the top. It barely broke through last night so you still can't see it yet, but she officially has 3 teeth now. 2 on bottom, and 1 on top.

Juanita (the surgery scheduler) called me today. I answered her call by saying "I've been expecting your call all day...", and she said "we still have you for Monday, with pre-op testing Friday at 9am". and I said "O.k.... what if there's an emergency on Sunday night, are you going to call me on a Sunday and bump her?, is that possible?....or am I going to go all the way to the hospital on Monday morning only for you to tell me that there's an emergency and you have to bump her till Tuesday?" {I'm getting snarky and cynical...you see}, and she said/claims that no, that won't happen. It's Monday for sure.  So despite my blatant cynicism, I'm pretty sure that it's really going to take place on Monday for sure this time...but I obviously have my doubts.

Tomorrow is my last day of work until after her surgery. I'll actually fill out the leave slips this time (again), I think it's safe. Speaking of my job, I noticed today at work that I get really snippy very fast. I think its just cause I'm on edge.  Either that, or I really am a total snot, and someone just needed to put me in my place... [thanks, Celeste] ; ) Self reflection is always a good idea, especially when the light turns on and you have the epiphany that wow... I really was wrong, thanks for pointing that out to me. Why is it that I always think I'm right, even when I'm not?  I call it being 'passionate' about something... but others can construe it as argumentative and snarky (testy/irritable). On the positive side, I am quick to apologize when I realize I'm wrong about something. I just feel extra super stressed lately and sometimes it manifests itself in negative ways.  I just hope that everyone that knows me knows that I really truly mean no harm.




On a side note, my "HRTMOM" license plate still hasn't arrived yet... but my bumper stickers came in the mail already. I put one on my Jeep this morning, but I don't wanna post pics until the plates get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment