This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...and Missed First Foods

So, according to my last post, Scarlett was supposed to be trying her first solid foods. As a mother, there are certain milestones that you want to be part of such as first steps, first words, and first foods, right?

Well, I had told Todd "We're going to start her on solids today no matter what!", because it seems like something always comes up which postpones the event. So...as usual something came up and by the time I got around to being ready to sit her in the high chair, position her, picking out the food, the bib, the spoon, getting the camera.. etc.. it was already the next day. But before I started getting things ready, I said "todays the big day" and Todd says "big day for what?", and I say "First Foods!"... and Todd says "I already gave her peas yesterday". (what the...?) I was *crushed*. I said: did you take pictures?? and he said 'no'. and I said why would you do that without me and without video and without pictures? and he says "Cause you said we were gonna start her on solids today no matter what".

So now I have no pictures, no video and no memories of Scarlett's experience with first solid food :( I haven't tried since because I was so upset/sad/depressed about the whole situation.

But on a brighter note... Scarlett has been rolling from back to tummy for a few weeks now, but only very rarely. But on Friday last week, she was doing it regularly, so I posted on FB that she was officially rolling from back to tummy. Then 24 hours later, she was rolling from tummy to back! She just rolls back and forth, not in consecutive circles. I'm so proud of her! : ) and yes, I got it on video and took pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment