This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back To The Drawing Board and First Foods

While out looking at more houses (to put in as back-ups to the one we put an offer on this past Saturday), we received an email that said that the bank did not accept our offer. The house went into foreclosure and will be going to the auction...Bummer. Back to the drawing board.

I had hoped to get that house.... I imagined Scarlett crawling and taking her first steps in that house, so it's disappointing to know that I have to keep looking. But at least I'm lucky that I got an answer so quickly. So now I have to keep looking, but that's okay sometimes it's fun looking at different houses. Just not in July in Arizona in non-air conditioned smelly, abandoned houses.

Scarlett is still doing fantastic. I'm very lucky that she's putting on weight and her oxygen levels are still in the low 80s/high 70s. Her next echocardiogram is in 2 weeks, and the countdown begins for her cardiac catheterization which is scheduled for August 11.

I've been having a very nice time meeting, chatting, and getting to know other heart-mommies through Facebook, these Blogs, and through the Eller Heart Family Council yahoo group. I feel lucky that I'm able to connect with these other mothers. Its nice to know that they're going through the same thing I'm going through.

As for my little heart baby...she's growing more and more each day. Soon, she'll be wearing size 6 mos. I am postponing offering her solid foods, but I know the day is coming right around the corner... maybe this weekend. I really don't know why I'm waiting. I guess I'm waiting to put her Snug 'n Go into the high chair (to keep her from slouching). I also suppose I'm just being lazy about that. Next post.. First Solid Foods...

2 comments:

  1. Melody-
    Greg buys houses from the auction (or has a guy that does it for him). So if you still want the house let me know. Doing good with the blogging! By the way Ethan got Extubated today. So scared!!!!!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... Scarlett is such a cutie!!! I signed up for the yahoo site, but didn't follow up with it too much. Actually didn't realize anything was going through it...oops! Anyway, I saw you had our blog listed on your site.. which it AWESOME! I just decided to start posting on it again. We have a caring bridge site, so I guess I got kind of lazy doing both!!! I look forward to reading up on Scarlett's progress... Take Care...
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete