This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Rest In Peace Baby Ethan


There is a link on my blog to another heart baby named Ethan. He was born one day after Scarlett. We were in hospital rooms right next to each other. He was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome and was only home for a total of 3 weeks since February. The rest of his short life he spent in the Pediatric CardioThorasic Intensive Care Unit at St. Joseph's Hospital.


His mom, Heidi, and I remained in contact with each other for the past 6 months, asking how each other's babys are doing etc.. I found out today that early this morning Ethan lost his battle with HLHS. I was at work when I read an email informing me. I immediately started sobbing. I was devastated with grief and could not compose myself for several hours. I feel so sorry for Heidi, her husband Greg and their 3 other children. I am deeply depressed by this unexpected and terribly sad news. : (
I have not been this upset since November 18 when I found out about Scarlett's heart defect. It is definitely a very sad day and I am in mourning.
Rest In Peace precious little angel Ethan. Beautiful baby boy 02/18/09 - 08/21/09


No comments:

Post a Comment