This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

6-Month Check Up


Every now and then I catch Scarlett holding her own bottle. It's probably just a fluke, but I think its so precious. Here is a picture of her being a big girl drinking and holding her own bottle.
I took Scarlett for her six-month pediatrician check up yesterday. I was anxious to see if she'd gained any weight since Tuesday... and SHE DID! I don't know what the difference in calibration between the cardiologists scale and the pediatrician scale, but she weighed 14 lbs on Tuesday at the cardiologist, and 14lbs 4 oz at the pediatrician on Friday! Woo Hoo! Way to go baby girl!

I'm sure it had something to do with the increase in her calories, but either way, it made me happy. She was soooo good at the appointment. Quiet, attentive, cooperative. Very unlike her sister Violet who you could hear coming from halfway down the hall. Violet was a screamer. Scarlett is a zen baby. So calm, mellow and happy.

She got 4 shots (two in each leg). She cried big crocodile tears, but it quickly faded. She's such a good baby. Violet woulda been screaming all the way to the car!!

Speaking of Violet, I've been trying to potty train her for the entire summer, and no luck yet, but tonight we had a breakthrough. She was doing her usual I'm-gonna-sit-on-the-potty-and-do-nothing-for-10-minutes routine, then from out of no where, she peed!!! I applauded, said good job!, hooray!, jumped up and down, danced around and woo hoo! Hopefully this encourages her to use the potty more. But at the very least, it was a breakthrough. Yay!

I think Scarlett's two bottom teeth are going to break through soon. I coulda sworn I saw something this morning during her pediatrician appt when her little mouth was gaped open when she was crying from her shots.

Oh yeah, house update... Don't know if I mentioned that I put an offer in on a house right down the sidewalk from my current house (that I'm renting), but I'm still waiting to hear back from the bank on it. It's a short sale, and I'm told it can take up to 3 months for a response. I'm willing to wait and be patient, but I'm also getting antsy and anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment