This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Cardiologist Appointment Tomorrow

I'm taking Scarlett for her routine cardiologist appointment tomorrow afternoon. Her oxygen sats are still in the low 80s, so I'm fairly certain they're gonna give her the thumbs up that everything is okay until her heart cath in 2 weeks.

I gave Scarlett some Gerber pears for dinner today. It's only the second food I've tried to offer her. She did pretty good, she ate about 1/4 of it. I don't want to push her since she's getting all the nutrition she needs from breastmilk, but the cardiologist said that it's probably good to get her started on the tactile coordination of eating solids before her next surgery which will probably be in late Sept or early/mid October.

Tonight I sent a message on Facebook to 20 other heart moms, and I was thinking that I'm either nuts or genuinely concerned/interested in knowing each and everyone of them. I know all the moms by sight (their name, their child's name and their child's defect), all because of the yahoo group, Facebook, and reading their blogs. I suppose I'm a heart mommy stalker, but I really truly do have good intentions. It makes me happy to know that I'm not alone in my CHD journey.

All in all, Scarlett is doing really good. She's rolling over back to tummy and tummy to back like an old pro. She's not quite sitting up yet, but she's trying. Sometimes she holds her own bottle, but she's not quite there yet either. She's just about to outgrow her size 3 month onesies, but the size 6 months are still a tad too big. I'm anxious to see how much she weighs tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. We will meet with Dr. Rhee and have an echo tomorrow at 1:00pm. Make sure to look for us. We look forward to meeting you! Amy

    ReplyDelete