This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First Word


(She can sit up on her knees!)

Haven't had time to write recently (because when I get home I get scolded by Todd for playing on the computer), but I wanted to post a few new pics and to say that my little sweetheart has "officially" said her first word.

It's been a few weeks now (2 or 3?), but she very clearly, distinctly says "Ma-Ma" when she sees me. I am soooooooo proud and excited. I've been telling her "ma-ma...ma-ma....ma-ma" for months now, and it finally paid off. When I get home from work, the second she sees me, she starts crying and saying "Ma-Ma!... Ma-Ma!!"...    I LOVE IT!!!




Scarlett turns 9 months old today, and she's doing so great. She sits up and plays quietly by herself for up to 15 minutes at a time! (terrific break for ma-ma, who otherwise is holding her constantly)  She is crawling and sitting up on her knees. (see above pic).  She is so happy, and I'm happy for her.


(Violet 2 1/2 years, Scarlett 9 months)

I was finally able to get a pic of my girls together. I love them so much and I am so thankful that I have them in my life. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful update! I am so proud of Scarlett! By the way...the Snuggin Go is AWESOME! Thank you for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome that mama was her 1st word, i'm sure that just makes it even more exciting

    ReplyDelete