This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chowin' Down On Gerber Puffs


Scarlett had a really good day today. She was very happy. She had a good night too. I sat her in her high chair and gave her some Gerber Puffs and she chowed down. It was great!



(see the puff on her right arm?)

Before surgery I introduced Gerber Puffs to her and she choked the first couple of times, but was beginning to get the hang of it. I've been afraid to give them to her post-surgery, but today she seemed ready. I put a few on her tray and watched as she spread them everywhere and carefully picked them up one by one and put them in her mouth. It was so precious. She just went for it immediately.  Of course, she didn't eat them all, and they were all over the place... the floor, her cheek, her arm, inside her onesie, in between her and the high chair etc. But I would say that she did eat a fair amount of puffs.

She was doing so well with the puffs that I threw in some Cheerios too, and she crunched and munched those too! I'm so happy for her. But on a weird note, she was fine with HER putting them in her mouth, but everytime I tried to put on in her mouth she turned her head and gave me a dirty look like ...how dare you try to feed me?!...but then went back to grabbing them with her little fingers and stuffing them in her mouth. I tried at least 3 or 4 times to put a Cheerio or Puff in her mouth and each time she firmly closed her lips and turned her head away from me (the little stinker!).  I don't care though. She was very happy and content eating her little finger foods. 

This morning I also let her gnaw on a Gerber Biter Biscuit. I watched her diligently the entire time to make sure she didn't choke, and she did very well. I took a few pics:





P.S. Yes, she's a U of A Wildcat's fan, because her mom is a U of A alumni! Go Cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment