This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Clapping, Crawling, and Eating Peas


This morning, I put Scarlett in the middle of the living room to play with some toys and I walked over to the kitchen sink to start a bucket of hot water to mop, and about 30 seconds later, there was Scarlett on the floor in the kitchen 12 feet from where I originally set her!

She's been scooting around lately doing the 'army crawl', but not really crawling up on all fours. But this morning, I saw it with my own eyes...she was up on all fours and making her best attempt to crawl.  It was adorable because she looked kinda like a frog. She's move her front two 'feet', then sorta hop with her back two feet. But she was doing it pretty fast so she appeared to be actually be crawling/hopping like a frog.  It'll be no time at all that she'll be really crawling on all 4's and then pulling herself up on the coffee table and couch. I'd say that her separation anxiety is now 75%, as opposed to 50% yesterday and last week.  I think she's liking her new found ability.

Speaking of new abilities, Todd said today that she also went from a crawling position to a sitting position all on her own which she hadn't done up until now. I haven't seen her do it yet, but I can easily believe it given her new independence. :)

But wait, there's more!....she has a super exciting new ability: she clapped for the first time today! I wasn't clapping, and she wasn't watching anyone else clap, but there she was with both of her little hands clapping them together! :) Go baby girl!! Now, if I start clapping and say: "clap! clap!", she'll start clapping too. Totally precious. When I showed Todd today, we both almost started crying. She's so smart and so adorable.

Ever since she's been eating Gerber Puffs, I've wanted to start giving her finger foods. First Cheerios, and today I threw a couple peas on her high chair.





I don't know if she actually ate any of them, but she definitely went for it. She made a couple of funny faces... like what the heck are these? But she still tried them, which is great!

I can't believe it's only been 4 weeks/2 days since her 7-hour open heart surgery. She's doing so fantastic! Thank You God!

1 comment:

  1. Scarlett is precious.You are an amazing Mom love reading your blog.My son Will also has a CHD.Our favorite nurse is Beth

    ReplyDelete