This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Baby On The Go


Scarlett is really enjoying her new found talent of crawling all over the house. Once you put her down, she's off!  She likes crawling over to the refrigerator and pulling off the magnets and eating them. I posted pics of that earlier (last month).



I hardly ever put her in her walker, but I did today just for her to get a feel of what it's like to stand on he feet and be mobile. This was a cute pic I got.



I try to cook breakfast every Sunday for the girls. It is almost always eggs and potatoes. Last week, I made potatoes and gave some to Scarlett and she loved them!  I didn't take pics last week, so I made up for it today. She is very good at picking up finger foods with her fingers and then putting the food straight in her mouth. She likes Cheerios, Gerber Puffs, Cinnamon Life cereal, Nutragrain bars, banana, spanish rice, and mommy's breakfast potatoes.



She has a cardiologist appointment on Tuesday to check on her weight. I am really hoping and praying she's at the 15 pound mark. I've been trying to fatten her up for 2 weeks, because 2 weeks ago she was still 14lbs 9 oz.

Home update: I've been looking for the last 6 months and it's exhausting. I have 3 or 4 outstanding/pending offers. The latest one is off of 75th Ave & Glendale. I really hope I get this one. It's a bank-owned home right down the street from the elementary school, and I will already know one of my neighbors because she is my best friend's friend who lives 5 houses away from the house I put a bid on. There are 3 other bids on this house, but if I'm the highest bidder, then I get it. I'll find out this week hopefully and I will definitely post pics and updates if I get it. Keeping fingers tightly crossed!

1 comment: