This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

New MRI Date (sort of)

I was driving home from work yesterday when I got a call from St. Joseph’s Hospital. They were calling to confirm Scarlett’s MRI for Tuesday, August 17th at 11:30am. I immediately said “You mean Monday, the 16th at 11:00am, right?”, and the lady on the other end said “No, it’s Tuesday the 17th at 11:30am, check-in is at 10:30. 

I was perplexed because I was sitting at my computer when the nurse called me to schedule it. I put it on my calendar, I wrote it on my leave slip for work, I even posted it on my blog. August 16. Don’t know why I was so certain it was that day…
Because this morning I looked at a notebook where I write everything down work/personal related and it says “August 17, 11:30am check in @ admitting”. Clear as the nose on my face. I guess I have a lot on my mind, because I pushed it up by 24 whole hours.  What a ding dong I am!
Well, my precious little Scarlett is doing very well. She was teething last week and was waking up intermittently with terrible screams of pain. But she’s calm down when I took her out of her crib and her run around the living room. Then she’d scream again when I tried to put her to bed again. But yesterday evening, she was giggling and smiling and I saw a tooth breaking through on the bottom. She has almost all of her teeth now, but is still missing 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top.
Oh, and her new favorite thing to do is climb up her Little Tykes slide and slide down all by herself. It is adorable. Sometimes she even says “weee!” when she’s going down the slide. Mommy taught her how to use the slide, and now she’s an old pro.  I’ll try to post some pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment