This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Blog Virgin

Well, this is my first post on my brand new blog. I only started a blog because I was genuinely jealous of all the other heart mommies that share their stories/updates about their heart babies on blogspot. So I figured...if they can do it, so can I! :)

It is Saturday morning and Scarlett is playing on the floor in her RainForest Gym. She's in the early stages of rolling over, but still hasn't mastered it yet. Yesterday was her 5-month birthday. She is getting big (and loud!). I am so lucky that she is doing great (heart-wise).

Her next surgery will probably be sometime in late August, or maybe even September. She has her cardiac catheterization scheduled for August 11th at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center.

I will be really glad after her second surgery because I still feel like she is a fragile little bubble. Seeing as she has an artificial piece of plastic implanted in her heart keeping her alive, that BT shunt that could clog any time, therefore I live in constant fear (well, maybe not CONSTANT, but ever present) that I will have to rush her to the ER at any moment.

Being a working-mommy doesn't help alleviate my fear either. I find myself calling the babysitter at least twice a day just to check on her. Luckily she is doing awesome, and I am truly grateful and thank God everyday that he keeps her in my life. :)

Thank you for reading my inaugural post. Obviously more to come!

2 comments:

  1. Very Impressive. I don't know how you balance it all! Scarlett looks great! As far as music and other blog items, you can usually click on somebody else item and it takes you to the website to create one for your blog. It took me awhile to figure out blogs and I am still not very good at it!
    xoxoxo-
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you've started this!! I've got the address pasted into my Google reader so anytime you post I'll get an update. You are motiviting me to start my own blog. I'll keep you posted.

    XO-
    Amy

    ReplyDelete