This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ethan's Run 2011!




One week ago today was "Ethan's Run - Hope for Heart Defects". It was a huge success!

A few nights before the event, one of my fellow heartmom friends (who helped Heidi with organizing Ethan's Run) emailed me asking for a picture of Scarlett to use on the mile markers which were to be at each mile marker for the 1/2 marathon. I emailed her the picture on the right side of this blog. The one that says "I'm a heart surgery survivor" that was taken at the zoo last month.


She also asked for name, birthday and CHD diagnosis. Here was the final product:





They put Scarlett's info at Mile Marker #1, so all of  those participants who walked the 1-mile Fun Run were able to see her. It was great!! We stopped to take our picture near her mile marker as a group photo.




I had an AWESOME turn out for Team Scarlett! There were over 27 of us! it was like a sea of red t-shirts all there supporting my little heartbaby. I was so touched by the outpouring of support. Friends drove all the way from Tuba City, AZ (which is about 5 hours north of Phoenix), and Tucson (2 hours south of Phoenix) just to join us.



We had walkers, 10K runners, and even one 1/2 marathon runner all on Team Scarlett!




This is Scarlett with my friend Mickey. This picture was taken within minutes of Mickey finishing the 10K with three of her friends.   Go Mickey!!



  This is Scarlett. I pulled her in a wagon. We walked the 1-Mile Fun Run (Walk).





This is us walking. We were a little late, so we were basically walking alone since the crowd had already taken off before us. But it didn't matter, because we still walked and were still there spreading awareness for CHDs. I even bought 12 heart shaped balloons and taped "Team Scarlett' logos to them!





 This is my 27-member Team Scarlett!! What an improvement from last year, when there was only 3 of us  (me, Violet and Scarlett).  I hope we can get at least a 30-member team every year from now on. And that we get there on time next year too ; )

1 comment:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, fatigue, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete