This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Look Who's Walking!




Well, I'd have to say it's official. Scarlett is walking! The babysitter said that all day today, she's been walking from the couch to the playhouse, from the chair to the table, and all over the house in little 6-7 step spurts. She immediately falls to her little bum after 6-7 steps, but she gets right back up and trys again. She's doing great walking along the walls, couches, tables. My little trooper. I can't believe after all she's been through, she can still pull herself up and let go and walk.










She's such a big girl. She now has 5 teeth on the top and 4 teeth on the bottom. I'm introducing new foods everyday. Last week, she tried spaghetti for the first time.







Scarlett is a "big girl" now. She's eating big girl food. Her first time eating spaghetti, she mostly played with her food, but I think she got one or two bites in after all was said and done. She eats taquitos, crackers, yogurt, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, french fries, green beans, peas, Cheez-Its, Nutragrain bars, and of course mommy's potatoes. I gave her apple for the first time last week too. She's still underweight, and needs extra calories, but she's a GREAT eater (unlike her sister). My little Scarlett will try anything.  Soft, crunchy, wet, dry,...finger foods... or being spoon fed... she loves to eat. : )  Such a blessing. Now if only I could get her to gain some weight!

Beth (Scarlett's cardiologist) sent us some BeneCalorie and Kids Essentials. I need to introduce these supplements to her diet.  I guess we'll see how it works. So far, she's taking pretty nicely to the whole milk (from breastmill). It's been about 2 weeks already. She has a pediatrician appointment next week for her 1-year check-up and monthly synagist shot. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she gains some weight. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. How GREAT!!! YAYYY Scarlett!! Pretty soon you'll be chasing her all over the place!! Look how pleased she is with herself! Too Cute! She'll be gaining weight soon for sure too now that a whole world of big people food is open to her. Much more fun than baby foods! Not surprising that she's willing to try it all! Scarlett was munching on her Daddy's sandwich at her birthday party. Not just a taste and then I don't want that. She took three or four bites. I'm sure she'll gain weight on her own time table. She is perfectly petite and totally proportional for her size. Just perfectly Scarlett! Thanks for all the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete