This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

More Weight Gain



I took Scarlett to the pediatrician's office today for a Synagist shot. This is a vaccination against RSV, which is a respiratory virus that infants and children can contract that is pretty serious (she'd have to be hospitalized). During the months of October - April, I have to take her to every month for a shot to try to prevent her from getting this virus. All of my heartmom friends have to to the same thing with their CHD babies.

So, this morning I took her for her shot and they weighed her on the pediatrician scale...and low and behold, she had gained another 5 oz in a week!! Last week at the cardiologist office she weighed 15 lbs 3 oz, and yesterday she weighed 15 lbs 8 oz!! Woo Hoo!! I know they're two different scales, but I was happy that she is continuing to put on weight. The butter is helping and the carbohydrate powder is helping! :)



I think she's pretty close to taking her first unassisted steps. She'll let go of the couch, coffee table, or other toy/object that she's holding herself up on, then stand unassisted for about 7 seconds, then think about walking, then fall right on her little bum.  My friend came over tonight with her daughter and Scarlett was acting like 'one of the girls'.



Scarlett was like: hey, let me play too guys!  Violet was being her bossy self. Violet says: "share!... take turns!!", and yet she doesn't follow her own advice...it's kinda funny, really.



My favorite smile.

Next week the home health care nurse is coming over for a visit/check-up. She's gonna weigh Scarlett again and I'm hoping she continues to gain weight. So far it seems like she's on the right path! Thank you everyone for all your prayers for Scarlett to gain weight....once again they worked!! The power of prayer never ceases to amaze me. and I love being amazed. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment