This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Steps!!

I came home from work today and through the door I could hear excessive giggling. I just stood there listening. I hesitated and stalled to open the door just so I could listen to Violet laughing and laughing and laughing, and every now and then I'd hear a little laugh from Scarlett too.  I wondered what could be so funny to tickle her that much.

I opened the door and saw Scarlett standing up pushing a little toy (that assists with walking) and walking all over my living room. Then Violet would do the same thing (but she'd run circles around Scarlett), and giggle and giggle like it was the funniest thing on the planet.

I said "Oh My God! She's walking!", and Aimee (my babysitter) said "Yeah, she's been doing it all day!", and I said "Did Todd see her do this?", and Aimee said "No, I don't think so", so when daddy gets home, what a treat he'll get tomorrow morning!! (he works nights now).

I watched and watched and grabbed my camera and my camcorder to video tape and capture these absolutely precious moments on film. Scarlett looked so adorable. I haven't seen her walk before. She's very good at standing, but she hadn't quite taken one step in front of the other, but tonight I saw her push that little toy like she was pushing a shopping cart. With such ease... like she was an old pro.

Then on top of that my girls were TAKING TURNS!! My heart was filled with so much love. I have never been prouder to be a mother. I will post pics later, but I wanted to proudly annouce that my Scarlett is one step (literally) closer to walking. Way to go baby Scarlett! : )

1 comment:

  1. She is doing so AWESOME!! Keep it up Scarlett!! I love moments when I catch my kids being so sweet to each other its one of the best parts of being a Mom!!
    Melissa (Maccoys mommy)
    www.yesallfivearemine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete