This is a blog for my daughter Scarlett. She was born with a complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. She is my little hero.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Off Road"


Todd took the girls to the zoo on Monday. Some of the paths are paved, and some aren't. When he took the stroller off the paved path, he would say "Off Road!", to which Scarlett would reply "Ahhf Roh", which sounded extremely smilar to Off Road.

Last week, I was taking her picture and I was saying "Cheese!" as I pointed the camera at her, and she said "Cheese!".  Also last week, my mom was at my house and kept telling her "say grandma, say grandma", and Scarlett said "Grah-mah...grah-mah"  She's definitely repeating words and sounding more and more like a talking little toddler everyday. She can also say please, or her version of please which sounds like "peez".

It is absolutely precious how she wants to mimic and repeat everything she hears. I had to post about it. Todd said when they were at the zoo, he was acting like a monkey and making monkey noises, and Scarlett was right there making monkey noises with him and Violet. (I was at work and didn't get to go to the zoo with them).

I swear if you didn't know better, one would never know that she has a complex congenital heart defect. She is just a happy little carefree 1 1/2 year old.  Her next cardiologist appointment is scheduled for early December, which means she gets a 6 week break from echocardiograms. She does however still have to go the pediatrician for synagist shots because RSV season starts next month and she is still vulnerable to dire consequences if she contracts this disease (because of her leaky valve and the pressure on her right ventricle), so she has to go in for monthly RSV vaccination shots starting in November.

We have started her on Digoxin too. So far she gets .4ml twice a day. I don't know how much it's helping, but I'm hoping for some good weight gain in December... maybe we'll be having that 20lb pizza party?? Here's to wishful thinking!



1 comment:

  1. I hope the medication works well and your beautiful doll recovers sooner and better.I am sure there is a lot of medical help in town now than some years ago...the technology that is really helping the times.

    ReplyDelete